How to Track Your Ocean Container with IoT
Capture real time shipping information, and relevant data throughout the journey.
There are means to keep track of the conditions of goods in transit, but not all those are reliable, easily available, and relevant when it comes to providing actionable information.
What you need is a system that’s easy to set up, use, and manage, something that newer, more agile IoT-based container and shipment tracking platforms excel in.
Taking clues from what’s amiss in all the existing cargo tracking solutions, IPXCOM resells, a unique solution that meets the crucial need for end-to-end tracking, accuracy, and actionability in ocean freight tracking. The sensor technology folds in everything — real-time data about your shipment, plug-and-play ease of use, on-demand devices, and even tracker retrieval once a shipment is complete. These IoT devices automatically collect data even when containers are on the ocean, making sure you never miss an update about your shipments.
Using these devices — some which even lock onto your container to detect inspections or theft — you can keep track of your shipping container and its goods without spending precious hours keeping track of them by coordinating with others, while still not being sure if they’re doing the job well.
The best thing about using IoT tracking devices with ocean-liner data streams and an on-demand usage model is that you get:
- End-to-end visibility — you know where your cargo is not just in the first, last mile, or port-level, but throughout its journey.
- A single unified view — of all your containers without missing even the smallest piece of information.
- Timely inspection, tamper, and idling alerts — so you can take timely action to deal with anomalies.
- Predictive ETAs — so that you don’t need to grapple with last-moment second-hand information when it comes to sharing an ETA with the customer.
- Dependable condition monitoring — know about things like container rain, physical shock, or temperature spikes in transit, making it easier to know when any delay or damage happens and what you can do about it.
- Other essential information — like route changes, inspections en-route, delays, or detention.
- Easy reusable tracker recovery — which is the best thing about the portable plug-and-play IoT container tracking devices; you can just mail the devices back after use.